Have a Question About Teacher Certification?January 4, 2023
MESTRACT is offering College Board TrainingsJanuary 31, 2023
MESTRACT will be accepting both course development and facilitation proposals through Frontline this year for the 2023-2024 grant application.
The areas of focus indicated by our professional learning needs assessment are listed below. These areas reflect the requests of teachers and teacher assistants for standards based programs related to the new assessments in New Grades 3-8 ELA/Math, New Algebra I Regents, New Grades 5 & 8 Science, Biology and Earth Science as well as other areas.
You may want to design your program around our collection of Gale eBooks. A list of eBook titles available can be found here.
Professional learning and/or support:
- for enhancing educators’ strategies and skills in meeting the needs of diverse learners: those who learn differently from the majority and/or are racially, ethnically, culturally, economically or linguistically diverse.
- for the creation and maintenance of safe, secure, supportive and inclusive learning environments for all students
- in curriculum development and instructional strategies
- for teachers to prepare for implementation of the NYS K-12 Computer Science and Digital Fluency Standards (adopted 2020).
- to enhance and deepen teacher content knowledge aligned with the NYS P-12 Learning Standards: ELA
- to enhance and deepen teacher content knowledge aligned with the NYS P-12 Learning Standards: Math
- to enhance and deepen teacher content knowledge aligned with the NYS P-12 Learning Standards: Science
MESTRACT pays $90 per hour for professional learning activity development and instruction. All professional learning activities will be delivered to participants in a blended format (required synchronous meetings via Zoom or Google Meet and asynchronous work in Google Classroom using our Google Workspace for Education system).
1) Please email your resume and two references to Kristine Cucinello, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide a personal email address where you can receive a new instructor Frontline account, so that you may submit course proposals.
Each proposal should contain all synchronous meeting dates. If proposing to develop a new course, please put 7/1/23 as the course date in your proposal.
Please make sure the date(s) you choose for your programs are between October and May.We do not run courses during the months of September and June due to lack of interest. Be mindful to avoid school holidays when planning.
All Proposals are DUE Thursday, April 20th, 2023 by 4 pm.
A committee of policy board members will review all proposals and make recommendations to the policy board for approval. Applicants will be notified if their proposal was approved by the MESTRACT policy board during the week of May 23rd, after the May 18th, 2023 policy board meeting.