NYSUT Certification WorkshopsSeptember 18, 2023
NYSCATE Brandon DelCorvo Classroom Grant 2024February 14, 2024
MESTRACT will be accepting both course development and facilitation proposals through Frontline this year for the 2024-2025 grant application.
The areas of focus indicated by our professional learning needs assessment are listed below. You may want to design your program around our collection of Gale eBooks. A list of eBook titles available can be found here.
Professional learning and/or support:
- for enhancing educators’ strategies and skills in meeting the needs of diverse learners: those who learn differently from the majority and/or are racially, ethnically, culturally, economically or linguistically diverse
- for the creation and maintenance of safe, secure, supportive and inclusive learning environments for all students (SEL)
- in curriculum development and instructional strategies
- for teachers to prepare for implementation of the NYS K-12 Computer Science and Digital Fluency Standards (includes digital tools)
MESTRACT pays $90 per hour for professional learning activity development and instruction. All professional learning activities will be delivered to participants in a blended format (required synchronous meetings via Zoom or Google Meet and asynchronous work in Google Classroom using our Google Workspace for Education system).
1) Please email your resume and two references to Kristine Cucinello, Executive Director at email@example.com.
- Provide a personal email address where you can receive a new instructor Frontline account, so that you may submit course proposals.
2) Plan to attend the MESTRACT Proposal Orientation on Monday, February 5th, 2024 at 4 pm via Zoom and Register in Zoom using this LINK.
Each proposal should contain all synchronous meeting dates. If proposing to develop a new course, please put 7/1/24 as the course date in your proposal.
Please make sure the date(s) you choose for your programs are between October and May. We do not run courses during the months of September and June due to lack of interest. Be mindful to avoid school holidays when planning.
All Proposals are DUE Monday, April 29th, 2024 by 4 pm.
A committee of policy board members will review all proposals and make recommendations to the policy board for approval. Applicants will be notified if their proposal was approved by the MESTRACT policy board during the week of May 20th, after the May 16th, 2024 policy board meeting.